We are excited to announce some changes in our Worship Gathering order of service and layout!
Order of Service
Beginning Sunday, March 5, we changed the order of service so that we may incorporate new elements in our corporate worship, and we also extended the Worship Gathering by 15 minutes (10:30AM – 11:45AM).
Here is the new order of service for our Worship Gatherings:
- Call to Worship – A Scripture reading that follows the universal church calendar (such as the seasons of Advent, Lent, Easter, etc). Come early so you are ready for the Call to Worship, which is an helpful way to prepare your heart to worship God.
- Worship through song and prayer – We will sing songs together and the music leader will pray for our time.
- Welcome – Announcements are almost completely done away with. During this time Partners, regular attenders, and guests alike will be welcomed to our Gathering.
- Pre-sermon element – During this time in our Gathering, we will prepare our hearts for the preaching of the Word. On most Sundays this will be a song, but it may also be a testimony from a Partner or Community Group, a time of corporate prayer, a reading of a confession of faith, or perhaps even a time of silence.
- Sermon – Central to our time together is the opening of God’s Word and faithful preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Worship through song and prayer – During this time of singing our prayer team is available to pray with anyone who so desires prayer. On the Sundays we observe the Lord’s Supper (1st Sunday of the month and Easter), we will have the Table for all baptized believers to partake of communion during the time of singing.
- Closing blessing – We conclude our time together as the music leader sends us out with a blessing.
Worship Gathering Layout
Temporary Worship Gathering set up + baptism celebration: March 26
Please note that on Sunday, March 26, we will have a temporary Worship Gathering set up due to conflicting reservations at Roger Carter Community Center. The Worship Gathering will be held in the gymnasium, while Kids CAMP will be in the Oella Room. Rockwell Room will be utilized as the nursery.
Come early at 9:45AM on Sunday, March 26 for our baptism celebration in the RCCC pool!
New Worship Gathering layout launch: April 2
Beginning Sunday, April 2, we will have a new layout in our Worship Gathering space to facilitate future growth and ease of set-up. The photo below illustrates the new layout design (click for a larger view). Please plan to arrive early on Sunday, April 2 so that you can get a feel for the new layout.