On Saturday, July 30, 2016 Ellicott City suffered a deadly flash flood. Main Street (business district and west end residential) suffered catastrophic flooding–entire businesses were destroyed, all residents evacuated, 2 lives were lost, homes were flooded, and parts of the road have eroded away. The flood also affected other areas to the west in Ellicott City such as the Valley Meade neighborhood.
Metanoia quickly mobilized to provide emergency and crisis relief with our Southern Baptist Disaster Relief partners. Over the following months, Metanoia Partners engaged in multiple relief projects. Some Partners developed relationships with business owners and residents, and continued flood response efforts on their own time. Metanoia is now partnering with the One EC Recovery Project to facilitate long-term flood recovery and resiliency efforts.
Click on the updates below to learn how relief is progressing:
- August 2 – Crisis and emergency mobilization + video interview of Lead Pastor Adam.
- August 4 – Crisis and emergency efforts + BCM/D article on Metanoia Church
- August 17 – Transition to mid-term flood response
- 2016 Flood Response Summary – Summary of Metanoia’s flood recovery efforts in 2016
GIVE / DONATE
If you want to help, you can give to the response fund below. We are a 501(c)3 organization, so your gifts are tax deductible. Every dollar you give will be used for the disaster response needs in the greater Ellicott City area.
DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL–click the “donate” button below. (CLICK HERE to donate via check.)
GO / VOLUNTEER
Please join us in praying for the following:
- For business owners, employees, residents, and property owners who lost entire sources of income and living spaces.
- For family members and friends of those who perished in the flood.
- For county leaders, first responders, spiritual and community leaders to have the energy and resources necessary to serve our community over the coming days.
- For wisdom and guidance from the Lord with how Metanoia can best use resources and time to serve our community.
- For Gospel conversations, salvation, and lasting hope and healing in Jesus Christ.