About the Course
What: Discover how we received the Bible from God. Learn how to read the different genres in the Bible. Gain new interpretation tools and methodologies. This class consists of teaching, group discussion, and going through the book How To Read The Bible For All Its Worth (4th ed), by Gordon D. Fee together. Participants are required to come prepared for each class by completing the required readings. Join us for this Metanoia U course!
When: Sundays, 6:30-7:30PM, April 19 – June 7 (no class on Mother’s Day or Memorial Day weekend)
Facilitators: Eric Tracy and Adam L. Feldman, Pastor of Spiritual Formation and Preaching
Where: Metanoia’s multipurpose gathering space, 8167 Main Street, Unit 208, Ellicott City.
Cost: Participants must purchase their own copy of book (see above).
Registration: Registration required (sign-up at Worship Gathering or online); open to first 24 persons to sign-up; sign-up ends April 12
- April 19 – The Bible canon & Bible translations (Chapters 1 & 2)
- April 26 – The Epistles (Chapters 3 & 4)
- May 3 – Old Testament narratives and Acts (Chapters 5 & 6)
- May 10 – No class (Mother’s Day)
- May 17 – Gospels, & Parables (Chapters 7 & 8)
- May 24 – No class (Memorial Day weekend)
- May 31 – Laws, Prophets, & Psalms (Chapters 9, 10, & 11)
- June 7 – Wisdom literature & Revelation (Chapters 12 & 13)