Metanoia Church is in ministry partnership with Only By Grace Church, a Korean language church plant in the Ellicott City area. English speakers are encouraged to attend Metanoia’s worship, which is at the same time as Only By Grace’s Korean language worship. Please visit http://onlybygracechurch.org/ to learn more. 한국어로 읽으려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.
Location & Time
Roger Carter Community Center (RCCC)
RCCC is located at 3000 Milltowne Dr, Ellicott City, MD 21043.
- Metanoia Church is meeting in the Oella and Caplan Rooms. Enter the rooms directly by the outdoor basketball court entrance. Do not enter by the main lobby.
- Only By Grace Church is meeting in the Rockwell Room. Enter to the right of the main lobby.
- Neither church will enter by the main lobby.
The Worship Gathering will begin promptly at 10:30am and last approximately 45 minutes. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early.
Because of limited seating capacity and distancing requirements, you will need to reserve a seat. You will be allowed to attend without a reservation if space permits. If there is no space, you can participate virtually or through drive-in.
Seat reservation closes the Friday before each worship gathering.
Before you reserve your seat for the first time, please read through the safety protocol and expectations below.
Reserve your seat HERE or by clicking the image below.
Safety Protocols for Indoor Worship
Please follow all safety protocols for our indoor worship gathering.
- All participants (except under age 2) must wear masks at all times.
- Masks must be put on before entering the building.
- Please observe 6 foot physical distancing in the parking lot and on your way to a designated seating area.
- Seating areas are spaced 6 feet apart.
- Parents are responsible for keeping children within their designated seating area.
- Please follow instructions from ushers for arrival and dismissal.
Before you come
If anyone has any of the following symptoms associated with COVID-19, they must not attend the gathering and should participate virtually instead…
- Sore throat
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
If anyone has been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 they should not attend the gathering for 14 days after exposure and participate virtually instead.
If anyone has traveled to a known COVID-19 hot spot or has been exposed to someone displaying any of the above symptoms within the last 10-14 days, they are recommended not to attend the gathering and should participate virtually.
We want this to be as simple and enjoyable as possible under the circumstances, so here are a few guidelines to help you prepare for your time together and to ensure our time runs smoothly.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes early (doors will open 15 minutes before service)–this will allow you to go through the screening process by RCCC staff.
- Masks on before entering building and in line for screening.
- Observe physical distancing of 6 feet when moving through the building.
- Go straight to a designated seating area.
- Refrain from wandering to socialize–feel free to chat with those around you from the comfort of your designated seating area!
- To the extent possible, remain in designated seating area until your row is dismissed.
- Leave the building as quickly as possible upon dismissal. Feel free to socialize outside as per your risk tolerance level. Worshipers participating in drive-in are welcome to socialize as well!
Because the research is currently inconclusive about indoor congregational singing, we will not be singing at initial indoor gatherings. We will continue to monitor research about indoor singing as well as the case numbers and positivity rates in our community to decide when we can ease this restriction.
No Children and Youth Programming
There are no children or youth programs offered on 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays at this time. We are monitoring current COVID-19 pandemic conditions and evaluating current data. We hope to resume these activities in the near future.
Kids QUEST (grades 3-5) meets virtually at 9:30am on 2nd and 4th Sundays for Sunday School, and Journey (grades 6-12) meets virtually every Wednesday at 6:30pm for Bible Study.