Community Groups are formed around one common mission to make new disciples of Jesus Christ locally and grow as disciples together.
About Community Groups (CGs)
- Care – CGs are the “frontline” of care in Metanoia. They are safe environments to “rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep” (Romans 12:15).
- Mission – The mission of all CGs is to make new disciples of Jesus Christ locally.
- Worship – Worship in CGs is facilitated with a weekly CG Lesson produced by Metanoia that includes Bible application, sermon application, and prayer prompts.
Community Groups are co-led. One leader is the CG’s primary advocate for care within the CG while the other leader is the primary advocate for the CG’s mission. Either leader can facilitate the worship aspect of their CG as well. CG Lessons can occasionally be taught by non-leaders who are gifted in teaching. CG Leaders and anyone who teaches must be Metanoia Partners.
Joining a Community Group
The following is a list of current Community Groups and information about each group. To get connected with a Community Group, please contact a co-leader directly or use the form at the bottom of this page to let us know which group or groups you may be interested in.
- Leaders: Kim Feldman and Karen Norton-Smith
- Mission statement: The Catonsville Neighbors group will share the love of Jesus with our neighbors where we live, work, and play.
- Meeting details: Sunday, 6:00PM; Monday, 6:30PM after fall soccer season ends
- Meeting location: Catonsville
Community Family Outreach (Catonsville)
- Leaders: Lance Byrd and Brad Virgin
- Mission statement: Equipping families to share the love of Jesus in their communities, including schools, teams, jobs, etc..
- Meeting time: Sunday, 6:30PM
- Meeting location: Newburg Heights neighborhood, Catonsville
- Leaders: Brian Christy and John Hieatzman
- Mission statement: We focus on sharing the love of Jesus with our neighbors.
- Meeting time: Wednesday, 6:30PM
- Meeting location: Sykesville
- Leaders: Jennifer Bunn and Mary Thomas
- Mission statement: Our mission is to be the hands and feet of Jesus daily in our communities.
- Meeting details: Monday, 6:30PM
- Meeting location: Alternating locations between Catonsville and Arbutus
Oakland Mills Village
- Leaders: Carol Carrico and Erin Smart
- Mission statement: We gather to reach with the full Gospel of Jesus Christ those who live, work, and play in the village of Oakland Mills (Ephesians 2:11-22). We send one another out into the specific places where God has called us, equipping, supporting, and going with one another into the work that God has prepared for each of us (Ephesians 2:8-10).
- Meeting time: Thursday, 6:45PM; optional fellowship beginning at 5:30PM
- Meeting location: Oakland Mills Village, Columbia