The Metanoia women’s ministry seeks to encourage the women of our church in their faith through Bible study and relationship building opportunities.
Women’s ministry events are coordinated by Kim Feldman, Annette McNamara, and Karen Norton-Smith.
2018 – 2019 Schedule of Events
Saturday, September 15
1:00pm – 3:00pm
Location: Annette McNamara’s house
*Contact Kristen Christy for details
Private Retreat Opportunity
Location: All Saints Sisters of the Poor Convent, Catonsville
*Contact Kim Feldman to get on waiting list.
October Dinner Gathering
Saturday, October 20
5:00pm – 7:00pm
November Brunch Gathering and Adoption Shower for Kristen Christy
November Gathering: Girl’s Night Out at Maker Practice
December Brunch Gathering
Saturday, December 8
January 2019 – June 2019
Joshua Study Plan
This Fall we are going to dive into the Old Testament and study Joshua. Like last Spring, you can choose how much you want to get involved in the study:
- Use the workbook provided to do the weekly Bible Study work and listen to all of Jen Wilkin’s podcasts.
- Read the chapters and listen to Jen Wilkin’s podcast.
- Read the chapters and journal. (Consider using these resources)
- Read the chapters and pray.
- Or just show up for the discussion and fellowship, even if you didn’t have time to read!
We know everyone is in different seasons and has different levels that they can commit to, so we will plan our meetings in a way that allows everyone to get something out of it whether you have gone deep with Joshua using Jen Wilkin’s materials or listened to the chapters on the way to work or just crawled into the meetings with your last scrap of energy to be prayed over and receive some love. Our hope is that you will use this study to go deeper in God’s word when you can, but we don’t ever want anyone to feel like they can’t come to our monthly gathering just because they got behind on reading and studying!
We are providing the full Bible Study Workbook this year. They will be available at Sunday gatherings throughout the upcoming month!
Reading Schedule for Joshua
- September – Read or listen to all of Joshua and/or read/listen to Jen Wilkin’s Introduction (week 1)
- October – Joshua 1-2 (Jen Wilkin’s weeks 2-3)
- November – Joshua 3-6 (Jen Wilkin’s weeks 4-5)
- December – Joshua 7-12 (Jen Wilkin’s weeks 6-7)
- January – Joshua 13-21 (Jen Wilkin’s weeks 8-9)
- February – Joshua 22-24 (Jen Wilkin’s weeks 10-11)