BCMD Disaster Relief has already deployed teams to Texas and Florida, and they are planning to deploy to Puerto Rico in early October. They have agreements with nation-wide volunteer organizations to certify and do background checks to have credentialed volunteers ready to strategically deploy to disaster areas to support local churches in serving their neighbors (as they did with Metanoia in Ellicott City).
Online training available
BCM/D has a scaled down online training available to meet the extensive needs in Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico. If you are interested in getting credentials and being added to communications for upcoming deployment opportunities, please follow the following steps:
- Complete and submit the contact form below so that you can begin the Background Check process. An email will be sent to you with additional information.
- Go to https://md.disasterreliefonline.com/ and click “sign up” to complete your profile.
- Upload a headshot to your profile that is appropriate for an ID Badge
- Watch the training video and answer the questions. About 45 minutes.
- Lastly, AFTER COMPLETING THE VIDEO, PLEASE RETURN TO YOUR PROFILE ON THE WEBSITE (click on the area for your photo that is above your name). Next, click on the “Make a payment/donations” box to make a $20.00 payment, which will cover the cost of your hat and ID badge.
Once everything is complete, you should begin receiving information on deployments and be able to access deployment sign-ups on the website. The whole process takes less than 90 minutes online.
Contact for more information
Please let Kim Feldman know once you are credentialed and if you plan to be deployed so that our church can be mobilized to support you in your mission. As a church, we would like to support those who are deployed along with their families, and if there is more than one person being deployed, we want them to know so that they can work together to prepare.
Complete the form below to request additional information, and to receive information on how to get a background check completed.