If you desire to grow in your faith in Christ, you need to cultivate a daily time reading Scripture and in prayer. The church-wide Scripture reading plan below was selected by our pastors to provide you with a daily Bible reading plan. Following this plan (or any plan that helps you get in the Word regularly) will help you grow in your faith, and deepen your fellowship with others as you read the Bible together with the Metanoia Church community.
Bible Plan: Read Through the New Testament in 2017
This year, Metanoia Church is reading through the New Testament using Discipleship Journal’s 5x5x5 reading plan. Highlights of this plan include:
- Reading a selection of Scripture from the New Testament for 5 minutes / day
- Reading 5 days / week
- Praying for 5 minutes / day
How you can follow this plan…
Challenge your CG to read this plan together in 2017; or find a spiritual friend to read with you. You are more likely to complete the Bible reading plan if you have accountability along the way.
Get a copy of the plan
1. Pick up a printed copy of the plan at the next Worship Gathering. (Or download it HERE.)
2. Or, you can download the YouVersion Bible app, subscribe to the 5x5x5 reading plan, and track your progress within the app.
**Note that the YouVersion Bible app plan also includes devotionals to read on the 2 days / week that you are not reading the 5x5x5 reading plan. You can choose to read these devotionals or skip them and keep reading through the New Testament (doing this will help you finish the NT faster).
How to subscribe to the 5x5x5 Bible reading plan via the Bible app:
- Find the plan at Bible.com here: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans/232-discipleship-journals-5x5x5-reading-plan
- Download the YouVersion Bible app for your mobile device here: https://www.bible.com/app
Advantages of using the Bible app
- Track your progress each day.
- Have your daily reading accessible wherever you go–even on vacation, standing in line at the DMV, or over lunch break.
- “Friend” others in your Community Group or the Metanoia Church community and share your reading progress for greater accountability and encouragement. You can also share your insights into the reading.