“Disciples Making Disciples”
To make disciples you must first be a disciple. During this year’s conference, we’ll explore what it means to be disciples making disciples. Discipleship principles that we will explore include:
- …reorienting your life around Christ and his mission.
- …identifying with Christ through responding to him.
- …abiding in Christ in a restored relationship to him.
- …reflecting Christ through obeying God’s Word.
- …understanding the environments in which discipleship occurs.
- …learning three key characteristics of discipleship.
Speaker: Ken Sorrell
We are excited for Ken Sorrell to be our guest speaker at this year’s conference! Ken and Patti Sorrell were Partners with Metanoia a few years ago when they were living in the area while between assignments with the International Mission Board (IMB). Their daughter, Katie Florida, and her family (Jesse, Cadence, and Charis) are partners with Metanoia, and their son, Eric Sorrell, was a partner with Metanoia for several years before he and his wife, Jess, were sent out from Metanoia as missionaries to help start Broken Wall Project church plant in Baltimore.
Ken currently serves as the Pastor of Discipleship and Administration at Movement Church in Richmond, VA. He and Patti served with the IMB for 23 years, living in 4 different countries. Their first assignment was with a Mayan people group in northern Guatemala, the K’ekchi’. Their last field assignment before returning to the IMB training center in Richmond was leading an urban church planting training center in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Ken has a Bachelor’s degree in religion from Mercer University, and a Master of Divinity degree with a focus in Religious Education from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Who: All Metanoia Church Partners and Associates
- Date and time: Saturday, April 6, 8:15am – 1:30pm (conference starts at 9:00am)
- Location: Bethel Baptist Church, 4261 Montgomery Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21043
- Lunch included in registration fee
- Childcare provided (please list names & ages of children on your registration form)
- Cost: $15/person age 13+; children age 12 and under are free
- Registration deadline:
Sunday, March 17**Extended to Friday, March 22
8:15am – 9:00am Pre-conference fellowship over coffee and treats
9:00am – 10:30am Worship through song and Session 1 with Ken Sorrell
10:45am – 12:15am Session 2 with Ken Sorrell
12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch on-site
You can register for the Partnership Conference online using the PayPal form below. Please note that there is an increase to the registration cost due to PayPal processing fees. Please complete a registration form and write “registered online” on the form.