Our values answer the question: “What is important to us?” Our six values inform how we conduct the mission and ministry of Metanoia Church. They were prayerfully discerned by our Covenant Partnership in the spring of 2010.
- Truth: We follow Jesus Christ, who is the Truth, and believe the Bible, which is his story revealed to humanity through the Holy Spirit. (Psalm 119:11, 105; John 1:1-5, 14; John 14:6; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Mission: We join God in his mission to redeem all of creation by helping others to know, love and follow Jesus Christ through word and deed. (Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 4:16-21; Romans 8:18-25)
- Worship: We love and glorify God with our whole-hearted, whole-life response to all who He is and all that He has done. (Exodus 20:2-6; Deuteronomy 6:4-5; John 4:23-25; Romans 12:1-2)
- Relationship: We love one another because we are created in the image of the Father, Son and Spirit. (Psalm 133:1; Matthew 22:37-40; John 17:20-23; Acts 2:42-47; 1 John 4:7-12)
- Passion: We live vigorously, abandoning everything that hinders our part in furthering the Kingdom of God. (John 13:1-5; 1 John 3:16, 4:7-12; Hebrews 12:1-2).
- Authenticity: We live transparently, seeking a consistent inward and outward life in the light of Christ. (John 1:9-14, 3:16-19; Ephesians 5:1-21).